I. Compliance and AML solutions and services for reporting entities. Giving multijurisdictional advice and counsel to AML/CFT regulated entities from both developed and developing markets such private investment funds, discretionary investment fund managers (DIMS), derivatives issuers, providers of money remitting services, brokers and custodians, investment and administration managers of portfolio investments, equity crowd funding platforms, financial advisers, investment firms, online payment getaway providers, peer-to-peer lending providers, issuers of equity and debt securities, providers of currency exchange services, lawfirms, real estate agents and other professional intermediaries on issues related to compliance with national and international anti-money laundering, tax avoidance and sanctions laws and regulations covering:
- AML/CFT (KYC, CDD), FATCA, FMCA or similar financial markets' related legislation;
- Design and delivery of AML/CFT Programs and AML/CFT risk Assessments;
- Development and implementation of know your customer (KYC) and customer due diligence (CDD) procedures;
- Design, development and implementation of mechanisms regulating clients onboarding process, ongoing due diligence, AML/CFT risk prevention procedures and detecting suspicions activities;
- Conducting external reviews of AML/CFT Risk Assessments (AML audit and AML procedures' review);
- Liaising with regulators and reporting entities including document disclosure and reporting;
- Practical AML/CFT and compliance training for senior management and employees;
- Design and delivery of staff training programs in accordance with the relevant AML/CFT requirements;
- Design and Delivery of ongoing due diligence policies and procedures including: internal risk processes in the area of conflicts of interest, anti-money laundering and other compliance requirements arising from the relevant jurisdictional laws and regulations, know your customer (KYC) and customer due diligence (CDD) procedures (including enhanced due diligence policies);
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and special AML/CFT reports and risk management reports;
- Advising on compliance issues related to compliance with legislation limiting cross-border investment, foreign currency laws and regulations, restrictions on taking funds out of jurisdictions;
- Conducting enhanced due diligence on complex, large and unusual transactions as they relate to such areas of commercial activities as cross-border investment, trading transactions, sale and purchase of property, investment immigration, cryptocurrency transactions; and
- Assessment of client’s Sources of wealth (SOW) and Sources of funds (SOF) for particular transactions where enhanced due diligence is required, including:
- where clients use investment vehicles and tax optimization structures such as exempted trusts, foundations and limited partnerships, international business companies (offshore tax havens); or
- where the funds originate from medium or high risk jurisdictions.
II AML/CFT solutions and services for non-reporting businesses & individuals. Giving transactional and compliance advice to: wholesale investors, financial markets' participants, crypto-currency traders, individuals and businesses whose funds originate from medium and high risk jurisdictions (including business migrants, investment migrants, commercial and residential property purchasers), exporters and importers, parties involved in cross border M&A transactions, non-financial service providers (conducting business through offshore business entities). Our services include:
- Obtaining, reviewing and advising on documentation related to the source of wealth (SOW) and source of funds (SOF);
- Providing compliance support related to cross border transactions involving offshore business structures, tax optimization structures, cryptocurrency transactions;
- Preparing documentation and passing the relevant AML/CFT requirements for opening nonresident bank accounts for businesses and individuals;
- Liaising with reporting entities including banks, investment managers, financial advisers, crowdfunding platforms, brokers and cryptocurrency platforms regarding establishing business relationships with them, passing their relevant AML/CFT rules and policies;
- Assisting in answering AML/ KYC related requests from reporting entities, including banks, lawyers, investment managers, insurers and other reporting entities under their ongoing due diligence procedures;
- Giving practical transactional advice on compliance with legislation limiting foreign purchases of land, such as the OIA Act in New Zealand and other similar Acts in jurisdictions with common and continental legal models;
- Advising on AML/CFT rules and procedures related to the cross-border cryptocurrency trade;
- Advising on compliance issues related to international trade laws, export/import regulations, trade sanctions laws, and practical issues related to various types of documents and documentary credits used in the international trade and finance; and
- Giving practical advice on complying with laws and regulations limiting the monetary transfers out of East Asia and Eastern European jurisdictions.
III. Offshore Licensing/ Ecommerce and Foreign business registration:
- Advising a wide range of Russian, Australian, European, North American, Chinese, South Korean and offshore registered/based companies and individuals on practical issues related to registering online casinos, offshore-based insurance companies obtaining offshore forex licenses, obtaining international banking licenses, financial license, trading license, offshore insurance license, money transmitting license, becoming an issuer of securities and registering as an issuer of means of payment;
- Preparing and submitting applications related to registering as a regulated financial services provider in foreign jurisdictions including an RFMC and RMC registration applications in Singapore, banking license application in Vanuatu, money transmitting license application in Nevada USA, Non-Bank Deposit Taker application in multiple jurisdictions, applications related to registering as an issuer of means of payment including credit and debit cards and becoming an Acquirer processing means of payment on behalf of merchants;
- Preparing and submitting applications for opening non-resident bank accounts, corporate cryptocurrency accounts and registering overseas legal entities;
- Liaising with Issuers and Acquires including such as Visa, Master Card, local and foreign banks and financial institutions regarding becoming an online payment getaway service provider; and
- Advising on compliance issues related to cross-border electronic payment services, payment systems and applications such as Wechat, Kraken, Advance Cash, Payeer, Ok Pay and others.
IV. Offshore transactions, cross-border transactions & cryptocurrency transactions:
- Giving tailored practical advice on offshore business planning, offshore transactions, offshore registration, cross-border investment transactions, import and export transactions, offshore banking, cryptocurrency transactions, offshore compliance including AML/CFT and offshore tax compliance;
- Developing and implementing offshore asset protection strategies for investment management firms, insurance companies, brokers, forex traders, cryptocurrency traders, financial advisers, private equity funds, online casinos and other forms of business;
- Providing compliance support for cross border transactions involving offshore business structures, tax optimization structures, cryptocurrency transactions;
- Advising on AML/CFT rules and procedures related to the cross-border cryptocurrency trade;
- Advising on cross-border investment, import/export and cryptocurrency transactions that involve offshore business structures, SPV’s, trusts and other investment mechanisms.
- Giving practical advice on complying with laws and regulations limiting the monetary transfers out of East Asia and Eastern European jurisdictions;
- Liaising with reporting entities including banks, investment managers, financial advisers, crowdfunding platforms, brokers and cryptocurrency platforms regarding establishing business relationships with them, helping clients pass applicable AML/CFT rules for establishing and maintaining a business relationship;
- Providing compliance advice on answering AML/CFT and KYC information requests from reporting entities, including banks, lawyers, investment managers, insurers and other reporting entities under their ongoing due diligence procedures;
- Developing asset protection strategies for individuals and family trusts;
- Giving tailored advice on international and national tax avoidance laws, multijurisdictional tax reporting and compliance, inter-corporate financing arrangements, international trade laws, export/import regulations, trade sanctions laws and on practical issues related to various types of documents and documentary credits used in the international trade and finance; and
- Developing tax optimization strategies for investment firms, non-bank debt providers, importers and exporters, investment funds, non-government pension funds, corporate and private investors and corporations.
V. Offshore Formation and support:
- Formation of new/sale of readymade legal entities in offshore & onshore jurisdictions such as LPs, LLPs, trusts, IBC, legal entities with nominee beneficiaries, nominee directors and shareholders, entitles with trading history and bank accounts, corporate cryptocurrency accounts, tailor-made entities, managed entities, special purpose investment vehicles and entities suitable for offshore banking; and
- Corporate cryptocurrency account opening and ongoing transactional and AML support and advice on offshore business transactions fully or partially involving cryptocurrency.
VI. Cross Border Investment, Investment Banking and Advisory services:
- Cross-border investment opportunities ranging from the traditional investment banking solutions to innovative business and outcome orientated businesses, in the USA and the Asia Pacific. Debt & equity capital raising advisory, mergers and acquisitions, share market listing and corporate advisory. Solving issues regarding the corporate coding, SPV’s formation investors’ confidentiality protection, AML/CFT and Compliance, due diligence, international taxation, distributions of funds and dealing with the regulators and government agencies.
- Helping investors from markets that are considered to be AML/CFT high risk as well as being highly regulated markets with foreign currency control-related laws and regulations restricting and limiting international transfers of funds to take advantage of investment opportunities available on the developed market which are otherwise either closed or restricted for them.
We posses multijurisdictional experience in advising a wide range of clients including small/medium businesses, investment companies, offshore legal entities and trusts, non-bank debt providers, investment funds, developers, discretionary investment funds (DIMS), corporate and private investors.
Our expertise is gained from working in a fast-paced, modern, commercially orientated legal and business environment. We are able to apply commercial mind with a business orientated approach to legal, compliance, licensing and tax support.